Thursday 3 November 2011

Hey everyone!

Yesterday, everyone began to learn to trace their names.  Each of them got a personalized worksheet that had their name on it to trace!   Everyone did very well on this worksheet and I am glad that they are all getting off to a great start on writing their names.  I encourage all parents to please continue to trace with them on a regular basis or whenever you can.  Yesterday, I sent home a tracing sheet.  This is not due, but rather for you to work with your child and to encourage them to trace their name.

We also read the Ugly Duckling.  They loved this story and so did I!   The lesson they learned from this story:  to accept others for who they are and to never judge a book by its cover.  We will be working on activities that deal with this story all week.  Yesterday, they did a colouring worksheet that was based on the book.

We also did some number tracing activities for numbers 1 and 2.  I am noticing that many students are having trouble with the number three so I encourage you to practice writing it with them and I will be giving more worksheets on this number in class.

We also went to French class and had gym.

Kind regards,

Miss H.

No comments:

Post a Comment