Wednesday 25 January 2012

Hello everyone!


It is now Wednesday and we have already done so much this week. We have gone over quite a few letters this week, which include the letters D, G, and H.  I encourage everyone to continue to trace with their child each night. I also encourage everyone to look around the house for objects that begin with those letters. This will aid in helping your child to learn letters better and to associate them with everyday things.

We also did math, which centred around developing better numeracy skills. For example, one of the activities that we did was to draw a picture of our family, which included each member of the house. I also drew my own as an example, which includes my mom, dad, and two sisters. Unfortunately, I do not have a cute puppy like some other students!!

This went well and the pictures were wonderful.  After drawing them, each child had to count his or her own family members, which is noted on their drawing.

We also read two books today for story time: Purplelicious and Stellaluna.

We had gym and french.


A reminder that Casual Day is tomorrow


Our class JKA Pancake Day is Friday. 




Also, please look over the letter I sent to each of you in your child's book bag. This is concerning the end of unit summative assessment that each student is required to complete, hand in, and present to the rest of the class. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.


Have a great day!!!!!!


Miss H.

No comments:

Post a Comment