Saturday 8 October 2011

Hello!

Dear Parents and Guardians,

I apologize for the late blog. Things were quite busy on Thursday in preparation for our next IB unit!

On Thursday, we discussed all of the things we were thankful for. As you can see from the turkey sheet I sent home, the students provided many different things to be thankful for. I talked about Thanksgiving and its importance in Canadian and American culture and tradition. I hope you are all having a wonderful and relaxing weekend. I know I am enjoying this time with my family!

We also did some graphing for our math unit, using yellow sticky notes per unit of measure. We did more work on our family trees and they are almost all complete. We will be starting mini presentations on Tuesday. Each student will just simply describe each picture (who is in it, where it is) and I will read each family member's names. Each presenter will be able to take home his or her family tree project after presenting.

We also did some letter exercises where the students used their index finger to move it along the letter "E", which was made of a sand-paper based cutout.

Have a happy, safe, and warm Thanksgiving!

Ms. H.

No comments:

Post a Comment