Monday 17 October 2011

Hello!


Today was a nice day back for all of our junior kindergartens!

We started off the day with circle time and discussed what we each did on the weekend. Some of us were very, very busy bees and all of us seemed to had an enjoyable weekend, relaxing or super busy. 

After, we all made a "I Can Draw Shapes" booklet. Everyone did very well on this. I will be marking it and sending it home later next week. I will also send home a shapes tracing worksheet later this week for you to practice with your child. This is just additional practice work and it will not be collected for marking. I would just like to encourage you, if possible, to practice drawing and recognizing shapes with your child. 

We also did a listening activity. The children were given a colouring "friendly spider" sheet where each type of part of the spider was required to be coloured in a certain colour. I asked them to colour certain parts a certain colour and they were to listen and follow my directions. Most of us did very well on this activity, but some of us will need to listen a little bit more!

I read some “cut and tell” stories, which involve me cutting a picture out of construction while I tell the story. By the end of the story, I have a cool cut out picture. The kids loved this story time!
We also did some activities with letters. Today, I placed an umbrella out in the middle of the carpet. I dropped blue paper “raindrops” all over the students. Their job was to pick up the raindrops, each with a letter written on them, and to put only the letter “U” raindrops in the umbrella. They did well on this!
Have a great day!!!!

Ms. H. 

No comments:

Post a Comment