Thursday 15 September 2011

Buenas noches, todos! (Good evening, everyone!)

It was so great to be back and active at school. I was very pleased with everyone because they were all quiet during morning ceremonies and lined up very quickly. We read a very, VERY big book today called "If You Give a Moose a Muffin." By the name, I'm sure everyone can see that the story deals with a moose and a muffin. So if your child suddenly asks you for a muffin with blackberry jam, you will know why!

We also did some counting sheets and counted together. Everyone did very well with this activity. We also did some colouring sheets to go over the two letters we learnt this week - the letter 'U' and the letter 'I.' Everyone had lots of fun at music class. Then again, music class is always fun!  

In order to encourage my students to learn more French, I have decided to read a children's book in French every other day. Today, I read a counting book in French called "Je Compte de 1 à 10" (I count from 1 to 10). After I read every number and object in French, everyone would repeat it. The students loved this and they did very, very well with their pronunciation. I was very pleased.

Before I wish you farewell, I would just like to remind you all that tomorrow is Spirit Day. So please do not forget to dress your child up in his or her house colour. Refer to the House List posted below.

Have a super night!!

Ms. H.

No comments:

Post a Comment