Wednesday 21 September 2011

Hello, everybody!

On this rainy day, we accomplished a lot in class. It was a very productive day for our junior kindergarten students and a big step up from yesterday. I am very glad that we had a good day today!

Today, I started off the class by reading a book in French called, "Panda, Ce-que Tu Vois?" (Panda, what do you see?). It is similar to the classic children's book, "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" by Eric Carle and Bill Martin. I have noticed a great enthusiasm for reading when I read in French. Not only do I love, and have studied French for years of my undergrad, but the students love repeating the various French words in each book. I must say that they are able to pronounce most words in French very well. I will continue to read in French every other day because of the success I have already witnessed by doing so!

In order to get a sense of their understanding of the alphabet (written), I gave them a "mini" test today. I explained what the meaning of a "test" was and they quietly, and confidently, completed the worksheet, which required them to trace the letter "I" several times and to circle any letter "I" on the worksheet. You will receive these tests to sign tomorrow. They did a great job. We also learned about patterns today. This whole week's math will be focused on patterns (what they are, how to identify what is a pattern and what is not, and how to complete a pattern). I have sent home a worksheet we did on patterns today. They did it independently and, as you can see, successfully!

I have sent a "Family Tree" information sheet for you to fill out for your child. Please return it by this Friday. Thank you!

A reminder: Friday is our Terry Fox Run from 2:30-3:30. Please dress your child in his or her gym uniform for the day. 

See you all tomorrow!!!

Ms. H. 

No comments:

Post a Comment