Monday 12 September 2011

Good evening everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing weekend - either at the cottage, home, or away somewhere nice. I can name atleast a few of my students who had a fun-filled weekend as they shared all of their exciting stories with me!
I can say for sure that it was a very, very busy day at St. Jude’s Academy. Although, most days are very busy, with our house games, morning assemblies, and various Spirit Week. In order to celebrate this special week, on Friday, September 16, 2011, each child is required to wear clothing of their house’s colour (i.e. If their house colour is green, then they should wear green clothing). Just a note to parents and guardians - the more, the better. It doesn’t matter if it’s their grandfather’s worn-out baseball hat or socks with holes thoughtfully created by your dog (preferably not, however!). Each coloured piece of clothing and accessory will be counted and awarded with a point. Whichever house has the most points wins. So have some fun, great creative, and put your child in their festive house colour! 
Also, the student parliament at St. Jude’s will be working hard and selling big yummy sprinkled cookies every day to all of the students for $1 each cookie. If you would like your child to have one of these delicious cookies, please send money, with a note, in their book bag. All proceeds go directly to the student parliament for future events and they will be sold during second lunch
I will be sending home books for each child tomorrow afternoon. You will find them in their book bag. Please return these books by next Monday. I can only give new books if I receive the ones I sent out the prior week. Please take time to read with your child for five minutes each night. 
Care Log Journals were sent out with each child today, along with the Weekend Journal. Care Logs are due every Friday. Your child can document his or her caring act through a picture in their Care Log. Weekend Journals are due every Monday morning. This can be 1-2 sentences detailing their weekend. Pictures are also encouraged.
I will be posting more information about our IB program at St. Jude’s Academy this week, so please regularly read my blog. 
Any questions or comments, feel free to talk to me directly at school or email me at jhusain@stjudesacademy.com 
Have a good night and see you tomorrow!
Ms. H. 

No comments:

Post a Comment