Thursday 29 September 2011

Hello!

We did a lot of things today as we will not be having any class tomorrow because we are going to....



CHUDLEIGH'S!!!!


We sang a song called "Me," which is all about our body and learning the different functions of each body part (i.e. the eyes are for seeing, the ears are for hearing).  We also sang and practiced a song about apples, which we will hopefully sing tomorrow on the bus!

We did some activities about apples and read a poem together. I read two books by my FAVOURITE author, Robert Munsch.  He also read the books (online audio while I flipped the pages of the book) and the students LOVED it. I grew up reading Robert Munsch books so I thought that the students might enjoy it as much as I have. And they did. We read "Alligator Baby", "No Clean Clothes," and "Smelly Socks." If you have a chance to go to the library, I would suggest renting these books.  All the Robert Munsch books are hilarious and extremely entertaining for both you and your child. I'm sure many of you have heard or read one of his books.

We also did a craft, which was about recognizing fall leaves and their various colours. This was an easy craft and the kids had a lot of fun doing it. Here is a picture of one of the crafts they made.  I will be hanging them up on the classroom wall tomorrow afternoon.


These are little trees. The colours represent the various colours of the leaves outside during the fall season.  The poem on the tree trunk says, "Red and yellow, green and brown. Leaves are falling, to the ground."


A friendly note: we WILL be going on the field trip tomorrow, rain or shine. So please still arrive on time with a throwaway lunch. :)


Have a great night!



No comments:

Post a Comment