Tuesday 20 September 2011

Good Evening, Parents!

I hope everyone is enjoying their evening, either at home or somewhere fun!

To be truthful, today was a rough day for all of us. Many students were unable to pay attention, listen, and do the assignments that I planned. For the assignments that we did do, we got through them really slowly. Our students need to work harder to focus during class time so that we may have a more successful, productive day together.

Some students were being a little too rough with each other, which resulted in some time outs. I read a book at the end of the day that talks about manners and about behaviour. I am hoping tomorrow will be a much better day!

I have returned the Care Journals and Weekend Journals. I loved all of the pictures that were included in some journal entries - awesome work! They were very detailed and a pleasure to read. I was very, very pleased with these first entries. I have also sent some work home in each book bag. Please return it signed for tomorrow's class.

The Terry Fox Run is on Friday, September 23, 2011 from 2:30 to 3:30. If you would not like your child to take part in this, please arrange for them to be picked up before this time as everyone in the school will be taking part in this event. If you have any questions, please feel free to speak to me directly tomorrow morning/afternoon or email me at jhusain@stjudesacademy.com

Tomorrow I will be sending home a sheet for parents to fill out. It is a family tree sheet for each child. This will be the first step for each child's first summative assessment for the who we are unit. Each child will be making a large-sized family tree and will be presenting it to their other classmates later next week. I will send a more detailed information sheet tomorrow with the family tree sheet.

Any questions, feel free to email me!

Have a great night,

Ms. H.

No comments:

Post a Comment